The Western Edge Seawall & Wharf was constructed circa 1910 and is located in Wynyard Quarter at the western end of Jellicoe Street. This project called for repairs and seismic strengthening works to the existing wharf structure as its structural integrity had deteriorated over the years.
This involved cutting out several deck panels along the back and front edge of the wharf. New steel cased piles were driven into the seabed through these holes and tied back into the wharf deck. Much of the wharf’s under-structure was also repaired and strengthened, including the construction of a new reinforced concrete seawall.